Version: April 25th, 2023
Who is responsible for the personal data collected?
Your personal data is controlled by Growth Tribe B.V., a company registered in The Netherlands with registered office at Kattenburgerstraat 5 (1018 JA) Amsterdam (hereinafter: “Growth Tribe”).
Which personal data do we collect?
In this Privacy Statement, your “personal data” means information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified. For example, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, but also your IP address. We collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information we collect directly from you: This is the personal data you provide us when using our Services. For example, when you create an account, purchase a product/service from our website or register for our newsletter. This type of information may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card information and the way you use the Services.
- Employer: If we have a contract with your employer for the use of our Services, for example with regards to your Traineeship, it may be possible your employer provides us with your personal data such as name and email address, in order for us to register you for your Services and provide our Services to you.
- Community: Our Services include the offering of a growth community. This is an open community. Please be aware that if you share personal information in your posts and comments this can be seen by other users.
How do we use your personal data?
We collect your personal data to provide you with the required services or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- provide you (with information about) Services and products that you request from us;
- manage your account;
- do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our Services;
- communicate regularly with you to inform you about our Services, updates regarding our terms & conditions and other information that may be of interest to you;
- resolve consumer and/or product and services issues;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any Services supplied to you - improve your customer experience in our Services;
- deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
- participate in our online communities;
- store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
- create external marketing & analytics reports;
- prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our Services;
- analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our products and services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new products and services and for business development;
- assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms & Conditions.
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may disclose your personal data to retailers, service providers, facility managers, property managers and third-party integration partners, if needed to provide you with the services and products ordered or used via our Services. These parties shall process your personal data in conformance with a data processing agreement that we will enter into with them.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to our affiliates or subsidiaries;
- if we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit);
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others;
- if we sell a business or part of a business to another company than the transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company. We would require from the purchasing company to treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
As much as possible, we will anonymise your personal data when shared with third parties.
Other than set out in this Privacy Statement, we will not share your personal data with any third party, unless you have given us your prior consent to do so.
Your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed in the Netherlands or any other country in which Growth Tribe B.V. (or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents) maintain facilities. We shall only transfer, store or process your personal data outside the European Economic Area if there are sufficient safeguards to ensure compliance with the EU level of protection of personal data. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How do we protect your personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
In particular: (i) we encrypt many of our services using SSL, (ii) we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, from time to time to guard our systems against unauthorized access, and (iii) we restrict access to personal information to our employees, retailers and all other parties we work with, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Your privacy rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore, you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data. You also have the right to data portability. You can also exercise your privacy accounts by logging into your account.
You can opt-out of continued information collection by our mobile application by adjusting the settings on your devices or by deleting the application entirely from your device.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data current and complete. If you have problems with viewing, editing or deleting your personal data, please send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through our newsletters, we may keep you informed of offers, promotional actions and other news. To be sure of your consent to receive newsletters, we use a double opt-in system: after you have given permission to receive a newsletter, we will send you an e-mail in which we will ask you to confirm your consent.
You can stop receiving our newsletter by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the end of every newsletter.
Links to other websites and mobile applications
Our Services may contain links to other websites or other mobile applications. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or mobile applications. This Privacy Statement applies solely to personal data collected, used and restored in connection with the use of our Services.
Modifications to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be changed from time to time. If we make any substantial changes to this Privacy Statement and the way we use your personal data, we will provide appropriate notice to you. Please check our Privacy Statement frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
The new Privacy Statement will be effective immediately upon posting. By continuing to access our websites or to make use of our products and services, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions or comments about our Privacy Statement, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
You may also contact us by postal mail at:
Growth Tribe B.V.
1018 JA Amsterdam (NL)
You also have the opportunity to submit a complaint to the competent privacy authority.